With the advent of new technology, people are forgetting the art of cooking. Everything is readily available, ready-to-eat or just order. I believe in the more traditional form of cooking. Like baking a cake in a pressure cooker. My mum always bakes it in a cooker. And I assure you, it is absolutely easy.
1. All you need to bake in a cooker is a pressure cooker….voila. But the cooker should be completely cylindrical so that the base of the baking dish touches the cooker perfectly. The cooker should be of preferably of 5 litres of capacity or more.
2. The cooker should be pre-heated at high flame for five minutes before putting in the baking dish.
3. Keep the dish straightaway in the cooker. Do not add water or place a plate / grill of any kind underneath the dish. Make sure there is no water in the cooker when you put in the dish.
4. Keep the gas on sim the whole time while baking to avoid burning.
5. Bake the cake for a minimum of 1 hour. After 40-45 minutes, open the cooker and insert a knife deep into the middle of the cake. If the cake comes out clean, the cake is ready otherwise let it cook for some more time.
6. If you feel the burner is providing uneven heating, place a pan on the stove and then the cooker on it. Keep the gas on sim the whole time.