Yummy hot stuffed parathas on a cold winter night with curd….they can be aloo parathas, mooli parathas or gobhi parathas….I love them all. Here are a few tips to get them right every time.
1. The most important part is the stuffing. Squeeze out the water from grated mooli or gobhi before using.
2. Always keep the salt and chilli a bit strong. This will make the stuffing the center-stage and counter the blandness of the dough. Add a little amchur and a little bhuna jeera.
3. Rest the dough for atleast 5 mins before using.
4. The dough ball should be larger than that for a normal roti.
5. After stuffing the dough ball, it is preferable to roll it out with hands and then using a rolling pin. This will prevent the stuffing from being shoved into one corner of the paratha and will also prevent wear and tear.
6. In case of too much wear and tear, sprinkle generous quantities of flour.
7. Always use low to medium flame to cook the parathas to ensure it is always cooked all the way through.
8. Don’t skimp out on the butter!